Credit Risk and Debt Manager
Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re now looking for a Credit Risk and Debt Manager to join our Customer Payments Team in Coventry to help us continue to make that difference.
The Credit Risk & Debt Manager will report into the Head of Collections & Recoveries and will be directly accountable for all risk and opportunities at the front end. Responsible for the direct management of the Project Manager, Underwriting Analyst and Systems Administrator.
The role will involve close liaison with credit reference agencies to ensure we purchase the right products to add value to the bottom line. A major function of the role will be to develop Nexum to a 'best in class’ workflow / debt placement system. To also bring to the function, financial controls and output to ensure, through data reconciliations, there are no dormant accounts not being worked. To look at ways of maximising opportunities for new business whilst mitigating risk to bad debt charge.
The incumbent will have direct relationship with both internal partners (C&R Operations and C&R Strategy) and external partners (Nexum and the Credit Reference Bureaus). Indirect relationships would include the internal Sales team including Telco, Revenue Assurance, prepayment and BTG.
Areas of Specific Responsibility
- Overall accountability for maximising profitable sales through the appropriate credit vetting
- Responsible for the implementation of scorecards into Nexum to assist with account segmentation
- Responsible for the management of the Project Manager, Underwriting Analyst and the Systems Administrator within the team
- To identify product enhancements that would drive business benefit
- Maintain close relationships with Credit Reference Agencies in the areas of risk, opportunity and regulatory compliance
- Bring financial controls through account reconciliation and reporting to the function
- Previous line management experience
- Prior experience in managing and implementing system changes
- Experience of managing relationships with external partners
- A good knowledge of scoring and collection and recovery models
- Previous experience working/understanding New Business and collection and recoveries systems
- Experience in a credit risk environment
- Financial acumen and accountancy experience
As well as a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary, you’ll also enjoy 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension, option to purchase childcare vouchers, and become eligible for our staff energy tariff along with other great ad-hoc offers.
We believe in putting energy into looking after our teams, so you’ll benefit from BUPA Private Healthcare, cycle to work scheme, a great working environment with relaxation areas to recharge your batteries and free soft drinks available all day. We also have "Fruity Friday" where fresh fruit is available every week for all employees.