Salary £35,000 - £45,000 plus performance related bonus up to £10k
Company Car and Contributory Pension
Are you experienced in Roadfreight Business Development Manager but looking for a new challenge? Looking for a company that will support your efforts and allow you the opportunity to do great things? Small niche Forwarder business (part of a larger £140m T/O group) is looking for their next BDM to lead company sales and growth.
You will be tasked with maintaining and building niche business for the company. Supported by a small but very capable operations team you will drive sales whilst maintaining the company’s service led delivery focus.
- Proactive calling and Cold Calls, business development, quote preparation and management of accounts
- Sourcing sales leads
- Making telesales calls (outbound) to potential clients in line with targets with a mind to profiling and qualifying the prospect
- Making appointments in line with targets where customers meet the required qualifying criteria to appoint.
- Visiting potential customers with a mind to converting them into customers
- Preparation of quotations for presentation to the customer.
- Converting prospective clients to live, trading clients.
- Management of the accounts
- Making regular contact with your customers pro-actively
Strong, confident personality with a sales background and proven track record at face-to-face sales is required. Time management skills are essential as are communication skills, the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure within a targeted environment. A strong head for numbers is essential along with the ability to motivate and lead a team.
Forward Prospects offers high quality recruitment solutions to the rapidly evolving international freight and logistics industry. For more information on Forward Prospects, or to view our current portfolio of vacancies, please visit our website.
Forward Prospects acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.