Job Title: Compliance Assistant
Location: Central Birmingham
Salary: £24,000 - £26,500
Al Rayan Bank is a growing, ethical bank based in our brand new offices in central Birmingham. As part of the Masraf Al Rayan Group, we've got exciting growth plans and an aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
We're looking for a Compliance Assistant, this is a new role to the team and a fantastic opportunity to join our growing bank where we can offer exceptional opportunities for you to make your mark and progress your career.
We offer great benefits including an attractive basic salary, a competitive incentive scheme, private medical insurance, 25 days’ holiday and subsidised parking.
Purpose of the role:
This role will be to support the provision of robust oversight of the delivery of regulatory and associated conduct risk accountabilities across the Bank.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Support the Compliance Monitoring Manager to achieve all planned assurance monitoring by actively participating in regular assurance reviews
- Undertake field work for Themed Risk & Compliance reviews
- Support Risk and Compliance team with the carrying out of gap analysis and impact assessments of any new policies and new/emerging regulations as relevant
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the bank’s processes, ensuring an up to date assessment of Compliance risks and issues
- Assist the Compliance Manager with the development of Compliance MI and maintain the MI and reporting
- Accurate and complete management information submitted to agreed deadlines
- Reporting tasks completed to agreed objectives and to agreed deadlines
- CPD and development objectives progressed and agreed
Competencies, skills, knowledge and experience to undertake the role:
- Understanding of the regulatory and legislative frameworks
- Good judgement and decision making skills in relation to risk assessments and mitigation
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to work
- under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Internal Monitoring experience
- Working in Compliance or Risk
- Working in Financial Services