Freelance Press Officer In-house Coventry
I have an urgent contract for a talented and resourceful Press Officer based just south of Coventry.
The purpose of this role is to support the smooth running of the press office, including managing media cuttings and distribution, building and developing relationships with the media and journalists and identifying unique ways to showcase this heritage' brand into the media, both offline and online.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Manage the daily production and distribution of national cuttings
- Respond to enquiries from the media promptly and with regard to journalist deadlines
- Draft press releases, position statements and other media material
- Develop and build strong relationships with the media and journalists
- Work closely with the campaigns team to ensure effective media coverage of events and campaign activities
And what are we looking for it you:-
- A commercially savvy press officer with experience working within a lively press office/PR agency or as a journalist
- Strong communications skills- internally and externally
- Proven relationship building skills - ability to speak with the media, journalists and senior members of staff
- Strong written skills across PR with excellent spelling and grammar
- Able to deliver engaging and timely copy
- Interested in the news, uncovering opportunities to push the brand further and grow its audience
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A friendly, focused Press Officer with a passion for current affairs and compelling copy
If you are interested in this position, please do get in touch asap with your CV.
Ideal start date Thursday 9th February.