Clinical Lead / Senior Nurse - Manchester
PERMANENT JOB OPPORTUNITY - CLINICAL LEAD / SENIOR NURSE
Salary £34,000 per year Plus Benefits
• 25 Days Paid Holiday PLUS 8 Days Paid Bank Holidays
• TOTAL 33 Days Paid Holiday
• Healthcare Scheme
• Pension Scheme
• Free Parking
• Free Uniform
• Staff Rest Area
• Work - Life Balance - 37.5 Hours per Week
Fantastic opportunity to join this private hospital based in Manchester and take the next step in your career as Clinical Lead for this small theatre team in order to care for patients in the Operating theatre environment with the highest possible standard and develop practice. To assume responsibility for the operational management of staff and resources in order to provide a safe environment, taking a lead in a specific aspect of the theatre setting. To actively contribute to with clinical practice and duties as required. To work with a network of cosmetic doctors/consultants including a Vascular Surgeon.
• Act as a clinical role model, demonstrating both a high level of expertise in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care.
• Promote partnership with patients and promote their right to informed choice and support their ability to self-care.
• Promote effective communications with members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team, using their contributions effectively in the delivery of care and the service.
• Provide clinical direction and support to junior colleagues within the operating team and the delivery of patient care.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the operating theatre environment.
• Demonstrate technical skills ensuring adherence to local policies
• Cover the out of hours on call phone according to the on call rota.
SUPERVISORY / MANAGERIAL
• Provide managerial direction and support to junior colleagues within the team in the delivery of the service, proactively anticipating and planning for trends whilst maintaining the cohesive team structure and effective use of resources.
• Lead in a specific area of theatre practice, as agreed , making recommendations, coordinating projects and developing practice guidelines and policies based upon robust evidence, gained from risk assessment, audit and literature review.
• Contribute to the development of clinical practice, with regards to national recommendations, communicating this to junior colleagues in a positive manner in order to maintain a consistent, motivated focus.
• Involved in the appraisal and negotiation of ongoing development plans for members of the theatre team, in conjunction with the Head of Clinical Services, with reference to Service and Departmental objectives based upon agreed competencies.
• The management of risk is the responsibility of everyone and will be achieved within a progressive, honest and open environment. Staff will be provided with the necessary education, training and support to enable them to meet this responsibility.
• The post holder is responsible for ensuring that all duties and responsibilities of this post are carried out in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Statutory Regulations and TPC Policies and Procedures. This will be supported by the provision of training and specialist advice where required.
• The post holder is responsible for ensuring that all duties and responsibilities of this post in relation to scrubbing procedures are adhered to
• Take full responsibility of stock control and Clinical Audits ensuring that the companies KPI's are met
• Liaise with the Clinic Manager and senior management team with regards to operating schedules
• Ensure compliance for The Care Quality Commission
Infection Control is everyone’s responsibility. All staff, both clinical and non-clinical, are required to adhere to the Trusts’ Infection Prevention and Control Policies and make every effort to maintain high standards of infection control at all times thereby reducing the burden of Healthcare Associated Infections including MRSA.
• Foster an environment that supports and encourages personal and professional growth within the nursing team.
• Participate in teaching all grades of staff.
• Ensure appropriate mentorship is in place for new members of staff.
• Actively participate in their own professional development in accordance with objectives identified at Appraisal Review, demonstrating professional commitment.
• Qualified RGN - Registered on the NMC - Theatre Nurse experience
• Current valid NMC Pin No.
• Successful DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
• A caring approach and warm persona
• Effective communication skills
• Calm and measured but able to react quickly and confidently
• Experience of staff leading, supporting and motivating
• Good literacy, numeracy, computer skills and telephone manner
• Able to deputise for senior management
• Effective communicator with the ability to engage with patients
To apply for this position please get in touch with me as soon as possible.
Toni Hart - Medsolve