Barrister’s Clerk - Bristol - £18,000
Purpose of the Job
To provide support and assistance to the property, insolvency, commercial and employment teams in the routine administration and diary management of all barristers within those teams.
- To assist the other clerks, when requested, in all aspects of diary management.
- To arrange conferences (meetings with clients) at the request of barristers or solicitor clients.
- To book briefs and instructions onto the diary system.
- To produce a client care letter and prepare papers for barristers in relation to new civil cases.
- To support the diary administration and entering of paperwork into Lex.
- To check court lists, using the computer, entering a booking for any case not shown in the diary, notifying the relevant clerk when any entry is made.
- To check, on a daily basis, that all papers have been received for bookings as required and chasing where relevant.
- To send out paperwork, recording the details on the case record.
- To record results of court hearings on the computer, entering adjourned hearing dates into the diary and notifying the relevant clerk where clashes occur.
- To check that results have been recorded for all cases and chasing them up where necessary.
- To arrange for the return of briefs, following receipt of payment.
- To answer incoming telephone calls when the receptionists are busy.
- To learn about and assist the other clerks with fee negotiations for barristers.
- To learn about how barristers work and assist the other clerks with developing relationships with solicitors.
- To learn about and assist the other clerks and the marketing and events managers with marketing efforts.
- Undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be requested to make good use of your time to meet the priorities of Chambers.
Hours of Work
A rota is agreed for the civil clerking staff the clerks' room to be manned between 8.00am and 6.00pm every weekday. The job holder will be expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week.
This is a long term career opportunity for someone with first class communication skills, an ability to see the big picture as well as being detail focused and proven administrative skills gained in a professional services environment.