Fire and security engineer - service
Fire and Security engineer (Service)(Competitive salary DOE) is needed to join our client based in Northumberland. Our client is an accredited and approved NSI independent company and is a leading supplier of security alarms, fire alarms and CCTV camera systems.
The ideal fire and security engineer will be required to carry out fault finding, repair and maintenance on CCTV, intruder alarm, access control and/or fire alarm systems as required in residential/commercial premises whilst maintaining a high level of quality, customer satisfaction and meeting company targets.
Other key tasks and responsibilities of a fire and security engineer will include:-
- Use fault finding and diagnostic tools/knowledge to identify faults and repair and achieve fix first time wherever possible meeting company targets
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with new and existing customers
- Ensure full compliance to security and electrical standards currently NSI Gold, BAFE, NSI Gold fire and CHAS plus fully adhere to health and safety requirements.
- Complete documentation as required - job sheets, parts list, feedback forms.
- Advise customers on new products and services and identify sales leads.
- Ensure all equipment/parts available before attending an install/service call.
- Updating customer records, attending technical training when required.
- Positively promote the company at all times.
The successful fire and security engineer must have demonstrable experience and knowledge of relevant systems as an engineer in the fire and security industry. Other attributes will include:-
- Able to work independently and as part of team.
- Thorough, disciplined and detailed method of work
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Able to effectively prioritise, manage a varied work load and demonstrate flexibility.
- Professional work manner - punctual and polite
Good IT skills including experience with Microsoft Office and experience in a customer facing environment would be desirable as are Certificates in health and safety, ECS/ CSCS card, FIA / BAFE training.
In return you will receive a competitive starting salary depending on experience, use of a company vehicle, laptop and phone plus company clothing. Additionally, opportunities for progression are available within this fast-moving company.
If you are interested in this role of fire and security engineer and feel you meet the requirements above, please apply today, our client is keen to meet you!
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.