Senior Java Developer
Senior Developer - Web Applications - North Wales - £30,000 - £37,000
My stable client provides services to the oil and gas sector and the ability to provide these services over the web is essential to meet the needs of their global clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for web-enabling my clients suite of applications, and their continued support and development.
In this role you will ensure the efficiency, ease of use, reliability and scalability of the core software infrastructure for web applications and develop and maintain the libraries, shared components and technologies that are used. The successful candidate will provide the web development expertise while working as part of a team coordinating with designers, subject experts, and other IT professionals to meet our business needs. As part of the role you will be expected to keep abreast of emerging technologies, frameworks and methodologies, giving input to technical discussions and strategy meetings.
While based in the North Wales office, the position may require travel both nationally and internationally to see some of our global clients!
1) Maintain and enhance existing Web applications.
2) Design, implementation and testing of new features.
3) Evaluate usability of web applications, and identify improvements.
4) Adapt content to be suitable for web hosting.
5) Contributing to design architecture of web hosted development projects
6) Passing on knowledge and providing training to other team members
7) Assist other IT professionals in troubleshooting problems with web hosted applications
* To attend Training and Development courses/workshops as deemed necessary.
* To support and undertake such other functions and responsibilities as are required from time to time and where it is deemed relevant and advantageous to the operations.
Qualifications required (Essential):
The ideal candidate will have proven commercial OO design & development experience working on complex Java based server side software. You will also need strong communication and team working skills, ideally including experience working in an Agile environment. Experience with Unix/Linux, and SQL. Knowledge of Hibernate, Oracle or MySQL would also be desirable.
* Candidates should be administer the following environments as well as able to deploy and support web applications on the environments:
o Apache HTTPD
o Apache Tomcat
* Candidates must be able to independently develop features for web applications using at least one of the following languages. Candidates should be able to apply their knowledge of software development to follow/assist with tasks in the other languages:
o Java EE
* Candidates must be fluent with standard web formats including:
* Able to extract and manipulate data held in relational data management systems. Candidates must be fluent with SQL.
* Able to define requirements/specifications for new development.
* Must be able to design and implement tests in support of development work.
* Must be prepared to work away from home as required, often for extended periods
* Experience of working for an oil and gas consultancy
* Understanding of different cultures around the world
* An appropriate IT qualification
This is a challenging and rewarding role with the opportunity to work with global clients and boost your career forward - to be considered for this role forward your CV to Heather O'Rourke at Computer Futures or call on 0161 817 7888 to discuss in more detail!
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com