Legal Costs Assistant
AP/BCR/4979 Legal Costs Assistant
Our client in Birmingham City Centre is looking to recruit a Legal Costs Assistant (Draftsperson) with ideally knowledge of law cost drafting/billing and negotiating costs. The role will be based within the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury team and is a working on behalf of the claimant. As a costs assistant the role is based around the detailed billing of files and requires a high degree of numerical understanding and accuracy.
- Preparation of detailed bills of costs, schedules for agreement, estimates of costs, statements of costs for summary assessment
- Preparation of detailed costs budgets
- Lodging/submitting bills and claims for assessment by the courts or Legal Aid Agency as appropriate
- Preparing points of dispute and points of reply
- Negotiations in relation to costs
- Preparing long form Court of Protection bills
- Providing advice and support in relation to costs and funding to fee earners as needed
The perfect costs assistant will be enthusiastic, analytical and excellent with numbers. The role will require an eagle eye for detail and excellent communication skills both written and verbal. If you are looking for a role where you develop and build on the experience you already have then this could be the role for you!
Interested? Please click the 'APPLY' button now!
BCR have more fantastic opportunities for you!
Visit www.loveworkbehappy.co.uk & follow BCR on Twitter @LoveWorkBeHappy to view all of the latest jobs.
BCR want to make finding a job that you will love as smooth sailing as possible. BCR now offer evening appointments to fit around your working life.
Love Work Be Happy
BCR aim to get back to all applicants within 24 hours however if you have not received a response within this period then please feel free to contact us on at your earliest convenience.
BELL CORNWALL RECRUITMENT
(For the purposes of recruiting for this vacancy Bell Cornwall Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency. Bell Cornwall Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all age groups)
PA/Executive Assistants, Secretarial, Reception, Administration, Marketing, IT, HR, Law, Finance, Customer Services, Sales