Employers Agent - Manchester
Our client is a large UK property consultancy who work across a broad number of projects in the Public and Private sector. They have a requirement for an Employer's Agent with a strong Project Manager/Quantity Surveyor background to join their Manchester office.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Associate and work collaboratively with the Commercial, Finance, HR and IT departments. Projects shall be high profile and complex including university and student accommodation, and you shall be responsible for project delivery.
The successful candidate will have worked in a similar role within Consultancy, having covered pre and post contract work, and taken projects through conception, planning and delivery phases
Carry out Contract administration role on JCT Design & Build Contracts
- Full Commercial management role & preparation of Feasibility Estimates, Cost Plans. Procurement and - Tender information/advice. Post Contract QS Services.
- Client Liaison and Design Management.
- Initiation and ensuring compliance with Design Management and Project Execution Plans.
- Preparation of submission of financial & monthly tracker reports to Clients.
- Preparation of Governance reports for release of client funding.
- Chairing Design Team & Site Progress meetings and issuing Minutes within prescribed timescales.
- Co-ordination of full Design Team.
- Compliance with internal governance requirements including Business Management Systems and monthly project financial reporting.
- Delivery of capital projects on time and to budget.
- Assist in the delivery of the Business Plan and drive forward initiatives to achieve those plans.
- Maintain close relationships with key existing clients and addressing any concerns, to maintain high levels of satisfaction
- Experience of Private Sector project delivery (preferably education / student accommodation).
- MRICS qualification (preferably) or suitable other qualification in a construction related discipline.
- Experience of a range of procurement methods.
- Experience of Microsoft Project.
- Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
- Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate Design Teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
- Experience of JCT Contracts.
- Extensive experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work individually and also part of a team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a top UK consultancy and to develop your career. If you are interested, please email your CV to UKL for the attention of Rob Glaser