Buyer - Engineering - Manufacturing
Buyer - Up to £32,000
The RZ Group is currently working closely with a large engineering company based in the Bristol area. They are looking to recruit a Buyer to ensure that all materials and services required are procured within agreed parameters, quality, inventory levels and delivery performance, for a defined range of suppliers.
- Raising purchase orders using MRP system & acting upon MRP action report.
- To ensure that suppliers are capable of meeting factory requirements with respect to material supply of good components, on time and in a responsive, consistent and cost effective manner.
- Provide close support to operations & new project management for material supply.
- Identify problem areas and resolve short and long term supply issues
- Continually review all purchasing systems and implement improvement where appropriate.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- Ability to use generic software e.g. MS Office - Excel (Essential) & Access (Desirable) and able to quickly learn MRP systems. AS400 experience is also desirable.
- Good understanding of manufacturing supply chain principles e.g. buffer/safety stock, lead time, Work in Progress and Kanban systems.
- CIPS qualified or studying towards is desired but not essential
- Experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment requiring an essential need for a responsive supply base.
- Confident to work independently and be the primary company contact for small to medium volume supplier accounts.
This is an excellent opportunity for a buyer to join a company at the very top of their industry. You will be given all of the relevant training along with the opportunity to develop and progress. You will receive a salary of up to £32,000 + benefits such as 25 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Company & Employee Performance Related Bonus Scheme, Health Cash Plan, Group Stakeholder Pension Plan + much more.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to hit apply. Alternatively for more information please call Gareth Cottom on or send an email to