Hudson James Human Capital are currently recruiting an Insolvency Case Administrator for a progressive and well respected Top 10 Accountancy Firm in the heart of Birmingham. My client has a great reputation in the market and can offer great career progression.
Reporting into the line Manager and lead Insolvency Practitioner you will manage a corporate case portfolio of Members Voluntary Liquidations leasing with the partners and stakeholders from the initial phases of the assignment through the formal appointment stage then the line management of the statutory process until closure.
- Deal with initial notices to Registrar of Companies, court, advertisements and reports following appointment.
- Prepare documentation to distribute funds to shareholders
- Managing the day to day running of each assignment providing feedback on the progress of each assignment to the manager/partner keeping them fully informed of relevant developments
- Being proactive in dealing with outstanding matters on the assignments
- Being proactive in dealing with regular written and verbal communications with HMRC in respect of obtaining clearances
- Agree routine preferential and non-preferential creditor claims and assist with issuing distributions to creditors.
- Complete and submit post appointment VAT returns and liaise with the Tax Team in respect of corporation tax returns, where applicable
To be successful you will have previous experience within Insolvency with the ability to take ownership and manage own caseloads. You will also be able to demonstrate strong analytical and research skills. You must have a minimum of 280 UCAS points and a Grade B or above in English and Maths. CPI Qualified is desirable but not essential.