Director of Skills (Apprenticeships & Work Based Learning Provider)
- Top UKwide training and employability provider supporting people of all demographics in the field and work-based learning and apprenticeships
- Have a requirement for a Skills Director who with be accountable for the financial, people and programme leadership of the Skills Directorate.
- We are looking specifically for individuals from the skills and learning sector with experience of senior leadership in the public/private sector delivering to budget and of re-engineering existing service products to improve customer experience and value for money
Salary: £80000 - £90000
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Purpose of the role:
To be accountable for the financial, people and programme leadership of the Skills Directorate.
This is a key strategic and operational role in which the post holder will have accountability for achieving the directorate business plan and for developing and implementing the business strategy in all areas of responsibility.
Although the role will have an internal focus, driving forwards performance on financial, people and programme delivery outcomes, the role may involve cross divisional working across external associated companies.
There will also be a significant external focus, with responsibility for building and maintaining external relationships with funding bodies, awarding bodies and sectors. There will also be a remit to build key partnerships with external stakeholders including employers and other work based learning providers.
- Fully accountable for leading the development, implementation and delivery of the financial budgets for the Directorate; optimising profitability through a well balanced approach that considers both quality and growth opportunities
- Fully accountable for leading the Directorates commitment to employee engagement; creating an environment which enables colleagues to fully engage and maximise their contribution to the directorates success
- Fully accountable for leading the continual development, and delivery of relevant programmes, both new and existing, ensuring the delivery experience, methods, approach and customer feedback and outcomes, meet the needs of employers, learners and funding bodies
- Leading the identification, reporting and prompt response against an agreed set of key performance indicators, with equal focus on the financial, people and programme aspects of the directorate
- Leading on the identification and progression of business growth, identifying, developing and delivering opportunities to grow both organically and through new business opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong, positive and visible relationships with key customers and stakeholders, ensuring that their requirements inform the directorates provision and offer
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with internal colleagues, ensuring that decisions are well balanced and consider the impact on the directorate, the divisions and the group
- Ensure that both divisions comply with stated systems and procedures at all times to enable it to achieve the highest standards and meet both legislative and statutory responsibilities
- Experience of senior leadership in the public/private sector delivering to budget and of re-engineering existing service products to improve customer experience and value for money
- Experience of managing a multi-site, multi-service business, including exposure to a range of operational problems through periods of change and organic growth
- A track record of building business in competitive markets, developing profitable new services/products and delivering against set objectives to achieve key organisational targets
- Broad understanding of the learning, skills and employability sector, knowledge of the external environment, including national and regional strategies and priorities, and the national political agenda
- Ability to recognise opportunities and translate policy or concepts into practice
- Successfully delivered high quality services that focus on learner and/or employer customer satisfaction.
- Participate in any staff review/performance management processes involving the identifying and meeting of training needs for self and others.