Title/Role: Theatre Nurse
Nature: Full Time
Reporting to: Clinic Manager
- To liaise with Surgeons regarding procedures and requirements.
- To assist/scrub with various types of surgical procedures including Vaser liposuction, fat transfer, varicose veins EVLT and phlebectomy procedures.
- To assist in pre and post operative care of the patient following the procedures.
- Develop a skill mix that can be adopted in all areas of patient care including out patients.
- To be responsible for clinical stock control and ordering.
- Liaison with outside suppliers and manufacturers.
- Flexibility around business requirements.
- Cover the out of hours on call phone according to the on call rota.
Customer Service/Patient Focus
- Follow up care and advice provided to patients using paperwork.
- Patient safety is maintained as a key priority, and in line with CQC requirements.
- A high standard of service, professionalism and behaviour is maintained at all times.
- Escalate any patient queries to the Clinic Manager efficiently and in line with policies.
- All clinical policies and protocols are followed correctly.
- Effective contribution is made to the development and implementation of appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Infection Control compliance, including maintaining audits.
- Active professional development programme ensures an up to date knowledge of treatment and progress within the specialist areas.
- Development of own education whilst being supported by training programmes.
- Clinic equipment is used correctly and maintained as per the policy. Damaged or faulty equipment is reported to the manager immediately it is noticed.
- Other tasks are carried out professionally within the required timeframes.
- Uniform will be provided by the clinic and must be worn on duty.
- Uniforms are the responsibility of each individual and must be clean at all times. Please refer to the uniform policy.
Care Quality Commission
- Ensure full compliance in your area of practice under the Health and Social Care act 2008
- Experienced scrub and assisting skills with aesthetic/cosmetic surgery
- Customer service
- Stock control
- Experience within the private sector preferable but not essential.