Paediatric Speech Therapist _ (Bristol) (£28,000 Neg)
Connect Wellbeing are recruiting on behalf of SEN's School near Bristol with a newly created permanent vacancy for a Speech Therapist to join the MDT. You will join an experienced team working with Children with ASD's, LD’s & challenging behaviour alongside Clinicians from OT & Psychology.
· Independently manage a caseload of children with ASD’s who have speech, language & communication difficulties.
· Undertake a range of assessments, both standardised and non-standardised taking account of medical, social & educational factors
· Collaborative working and liaise with a wide range of professions and teams in education and residential services to promote communication and speech development
· Ensure that all work is carried out in close collaboration with all those involved in children’s care so that the approach to intervention and support is co-ordinated and comprehensive
· Ensure effective communication of complex condition-related information to parents/carers
· Ensure children are involved in goal setting and decision making around their own care as appropriate to their age, developmental level and language skills
· Ensure parents/carers are involved in decision making around their child’s care
· Liaise effectively and work in partnership with other professionals (particularly teachers and teaching assistants), including the development of shared goals for intervention
· Convey information clearly to students, carers and other professionals both in verbal and written form
· Communicate effectively with students with communication problems where difficulties to understanding exist, using observation, listening and empathy
· Adopt a flexible, innovative approach to overcome barriers to verbal expression and understanding when communicating with students
· Demonstrate empathy with students, carers and families, and provide support ensuring that effective communication is achieved often where barriers to understanding exist
· Work with other MDT team members / professionals to ensure an integrated, seamless service and care plan
· Attend & participate in professional and other relevant meetings
You will be a HCPC registered Speech & Language Therapist; contact Morgan at Connect Wellbeing for a confidential discussion.