£35,000 - £38,000 + Car
Due to an internal promotion a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Qualified Group Accountant at our Coventry clients UK HQ. Our client is part of a Global group, this particular role is based within their central Accounts function. Boasting a £ Multi-Billion t/o this is a great opportunity to form part of a centralised group function.
Working within a small group accounting team that sits within a larger central accounting function, the role will report directly to the Group Accounts Manager and assume responsibility for assisting in the Monthly, Quarterly and annual consolidation and financial reporting. Specific tasks will include:
- Preparation of consolidated reports and Group management accounts
- Review and investigation of subsidiaries financial information
- Year end consolidations and preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparation of consolidated group budget, budget update and both half and full year end forecasts, including preparation for group presentations
- Collate business information for tax computations, working with the Group Tax Manager
- Review and questioning of divisional business performance with various ad hoc financial analysis
You will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) and have demonstrable experience of consolidations and the preparation of statutory accounts. Whether you are seeking your first role out of practice or have current experience of working in a Group Accounting environment your application will be equally welcomed. The role will test your technical accounting ability and put to great use your hard earned knowledge of matters such as IFRS and UK Tax rules. You will also need to have strong Excel skills and a natural ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
On offer is a great opportunity to work as part of central group function, a small but effective team. They have a great work ethos and really operate in a cooperative and "team spirited" manner. The environment is relaxed but professional and in addition to the salary the role offers a range of great benefits including a company car.
£35,000 - £38,000 + Car
Your benefits will include 23 days holiday (rising with service), Flexible annual leave schemes, discretionary bonus scheme, many other Group benefits
We would really like to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat about Accountancy opportunities like this for 2017
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent vacancies.