Credit Control Manager
Ambridge Harris is recruiting for a business in Bristol who are looking to recruit a Credit Control Manager. You will be working closely with the Financial Controller, this role will see you managing a team of five and being responsible for credit control and cash collection across multiple offices.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Team management - managing the team, including regular team meetings, co-ordinating and managing workloads, recruitment and disciplinary issues, annual performance reviews and working closely with all team members to ensure a consistent approach and high standards of work. Responsible for providing team members with training on the necessary systems and procedures.
- Assist in setting cash targets for business and support the business in achieving those targets.
- Review, update and analyse the debtor ledger on a daily basis, identifying trends and problems areas before using your skills, resources and judgement to maximise cash inflow.
- Build relationships with regular clients, including private individuals from many different backgrounds, businesses ranging from start-ups to national and international corporations and public sector
- Advising on the need to pursue payment through legal action and, where agreed, refer the account to the firm's debt recovery agents.
- Maintenance of the firm's bad debt reserves demonstrating an understanding of the associated accounting principles.
- Production of debtor reports for distribution to partners, lawyers and the management team on a regular and ad hoc basis. Holding meetings with senior stakeholders to emphasise the importance of cash
- Responsible for maintaining the credit control policy and ensuring that the credit control team work within established protocols.
To be considered for this role you will already have an established track record working in credit control in a professional services or similar environment and ideally hold credit control qualification such as CICM. You will have strong organisational and management skills and be someone who leads by example with a hands on approach.
We expect you will also be someone who likes numbers, systems, accuracy and order and who takes pride in getting good results, but credit control also involves a good understanding of human behaviour. You will have the tact, professionalism and integrity to adapt your approach to the circumstances of each client, together with strong skills in communication, negotiation and influencing.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.