****This role is on a salary basis and we will not except day rate contracts******
PMO delivery role within the virtual PMO team with accountability for the provision of high quality, robust PMO activities to support assigned Project or Programme in the effective delivery of the IT portfolio. This will include the provision of a governance capability and relevant MI and to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports the wider IT Development department that has accountability for delivering approx £200m annual IT project spend through circa 200 change projects and 300 small changes over a 12 month period
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Lead the effective delivery of Project / Programme deliverables to defined standards (e.g. project plans, finance plans, RAIDs, project artefacts etc.)
- Inform and educate project teams in the effective use of the policies, tools and processes and ensure they are effectively used
- Analyse project data to provide IT Development Leaders with appropriate information to actively manage their projects and programmes.
- Support the definition, implementation and continual improvement of project governance processes as part of a virtual PMO service
- Ensure timely provision of relevant management information to governance forums
- Support the inward relationships with IT Projects to ensure quality information is produced at acceptable levels
- Lead or support the production of effective MI to highlight IT project delivery to agreed standards.
- Manage or support the internal and external governance process to ensure that the IT projects and programmes in the assigned portfolio conform to the centralised requirements.
- Identify improvements in available MI and drive trend analysis.
- Provide technical and process support to IT colleagues on any PMO issues.
- DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Escalation of issues to IT Development PMO & Quality Assurance Manager and IT Project Managers
DEPENDENCIES & KEY RELATIONSHIPS:
- IT Development Teams to gain sponsorship and support for PMO activities and initiatives.
- PMO teams outwith IT Development to share and adopt best practice.
Values are a core framework for how we all agree to behave and treat each other - as individuals and as a business :-
- We put our members and customers first in all we do
- We take personal and social responsibility
- Together we will create a great place to work, grow and develop
- We strive relentlessly to be faster, better, more successful
- We are open and fair and are committed to excellent communication
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Highly motivated professional
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to communicate effectively to customers, stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills - able to articulate ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing.
- Strong experience of supporting the delivery of PMO activities
- Critical thinker, able to analyse complex data and determine overall messages and trends to ensure IT projects manage against its plans.
- Good understanding of project environment, specifically Project delivery with knowledge of project management and/or IT software development Lifecycles