Mechanical Workshop Manager
Role: Mechanical Works Manager
Location - Birmingham
Benefits: Car, Pension, Healthcare,
Our Client is a leading worldwide Engineering company that are seeking a talented Mechanical Works Manager to head up workshop In Birmingham. The main part of the role is build existing team and promote best working practices including H&S (IOSH), team management project planning.
You will promote the Mechanical engineering services of the company detailing the full process and lead times and managing expectations from client to staff and maximising on sales opportunities.
Another responsibility is EOM Sales, GP, Prod/Non-Prod Hours and WIP/Debt figures, Visit customer sites to view, quote work and generate new business,
This role would suit someone already in a similar role in one of the engineering firms in and around Birmingham, specifically heavy mechanical engineering.
Key responsibilities for the Mechanical Works Manager
· Understand the main requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
· Ensuring that supervisors carry out their assigned responsibilities and review their performance.
· Make recommendations for improving performance and efficiency.
· Carry out appraisals and set personal objectives and targets.
· Ensure that accidents, incidents and near misses are recorded and properly investigated.
· Ensure work is carried out effectively, efficiently, with maximum profitability & to the required standard.
· Selecting and monitoring suitable contractors.
· Ensure equipment is maintained in a safe condition.
· Undertaking workplace inspections and audits.
· Ensuring a safe place of work for the employees and other parties through a series of suitable and sufficient risk assessments.
· Co-operating with safety representatives to actively promote safe working practices and encourage a positive Health and Safety Culture within the branch.
· Carry out daily review of production / hours / OTD / Safety issues.
· Produce detailed repair method statements, quotations & technical reports.
· Liaise with customers ensuring information / specification is maintained.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
· Mechanical Engineering Repairs.
· Excellent communication / People skills.
· Positive Can Do Attitude.
· Experience in all machining disciplines in a Mechanical Engineering Workshop.
· General Machining, Welding, fitting & Surface Engineering.
· Project Planning
· Commercially Aware
· Management & Supervision of busy Mechanical Engineering Workshop
· Health & Safety Management. LEAN / 5S.
· Mechanical Engineering related:
· HNC / HND Mechanical Engineering Studies.
· Practical Experience - Time Served.
· Business Studies.
· Health & Safety IOSH
· Management of people studies / qualification.
If you feel you are the right person for this role and want to start the New Year with a career thats both rewarding and challenging, I urge you to apply of call Adam on