Supply Chain Manager
We are currently looking a Supply Chain Supervisor on a permanent basis for a small company based near Tamworth.
- To provide a service to both internal and external customers by monitoring vendors, negotiate contracts for sourcing and procuring parts and services, to ensure parts are received and shipped in line with customer expectations.
- To monitor inventory in line with company policy.
- Reporting to Managing Director.
- Supervision of buying, logistics and warehouse staff including setting and monitoring of performance.
- Inventory control
- Auditing and selection of Vendors
- Negotiation of vendor contracts
- Shipping, expediting & warehouse
- Source new vendors
- Obtain quotations for spares parts
- Determine safety stock levels and monitor inventory
- Negotiate contracts for stock parts and services
- Resolving expediting queries
- Maintain master parts database
- Maintain Approved Supplier list
- Process invoice queries for payment
- Create and maintain professional relationships with staff and vendors
- Provide monthly KPI reports to inform and advise for action towards meeting organisational objectives
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in effective supervision
- Strong commercial and administration experience
- Good organisational skills
- Proven communication skills
- Ability to work alone
- Able to prioritise tasks effectively
- Computer literate with skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel; Word; Access)
- Good knowledge of SAP
- Minimum 5-years of experience in purchasing department
- Previous knowledge of machine tool or similar industry