Senior Development Manager MI
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
What you’ll need to succeed:
We are looking for a Senior IT Development Manager (MI) to lead the MI technology delivery team in providing high quality, cost efficient business intelligence, analytics and management information technology solutions to support the Societies operations, strategy and decision making. Provide leadership and guidance, and set the direction, for IT software development teams taking responsibility for the quality of the outputs of the teams. Ensure the agreed policies, processes and standards for the function are monitored and reports compliance with internal standards. Ensure out of hours support is provided as required so that systems meet the business requirements. Act as a key point of escalation for incidents and problem management.
Essential Skills and Experience:
A proven track record leading Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse technology teams with a solid understanding of the technologies, processes and architecture required for delivering high quality insight solutions to a fast moving financial services organization.
A deep understanding of the full software development lifecycle including both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies with the ability to mentor, motivate and shape high performing teams coupled with extensive experience in liaising with senior stakeholders and delivering successful change initiatives.
Extensive experience of various software delivery lifecycle methodologies (including Agile frameworks and process such as Kanban and Scrum)
Experience designing and delivering business intelligence solutions including data acquisition, processing, transformation and delivery
Experience leading multidiscipline technology teams
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the MI domain having followed development/architecture career path through to a senior management and leadership position including:
- Data modelling, including data normalization (third normal form) and structured denormalization (dimensional modelling – Kimball)
- Data processing, validation, enrichment, standardisation and transformation (ETL/ELT) concepts
- Data mining, discovery, reporting and visualisation tools and techniques
- Team leadership, mentoring, staff development and performance management
- Stakeholder engagement, management and liaison (including both business and project)
- Project planning execution and delivery
- Preferred Technology Platforms
- IBM InfoSphere (Full Suite)
- Informatica Power Centre
- Microsoft SSIS/SSAS
- Cognos Report/Query Studio v10
- SAP BI 4.0+ (+XIR3)
- Oracle 10-12 (PL/SQL)
- SQL Server 2005 and up (T-SQL)
- Postgres DBMS (Postgres PLPGSQL)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think logically, challenge the status quo and innovate within the MI domain
- Ability to mentor, coach and lead others
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales
About the team:
As a team, we work really closely with each other and various areas of IT. This enables us to maintain a ‘family’ feel to what we do; you’ll support, care and succeed together. Within this close-knit team, you’ll have opportunities to grow with us and to play a key part in a thriving, growing organisation – you’ll feel like you belong. Appealing, right?
That’s not all! We’re passionate about what we do, whether this is conducting our key processes, making change happen to procedures or supporting the local community. We’ll actively encourage you to be involved in a variety of fun, frantic fundraisers that can range from cake sales, to ‘I’m a Celebrity’ style eating contests.
You’ll take pride in being here, and to make sure that you can cram all of this into a typical week as a Senior IT Development Manager (MI), we are closely aligned to the Society values. These are designed to make sure you’ll do what’s right and we deliver our main promise; putting members first.
What we offer:
- Salary £51,220 - £78,320
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Allowance - 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Bonus based on company performance
- BUPA Healthcare
- Plus a range of additional flexible benefits
If you have the required skill set and desire to be part of our success please do not hesitate to make an application.