3rd Line Technical Support Specialist
As a dynamic and growing Managed Service Provider (MSP), our client has new opportunities for Technically focused people looking to advance their career within a Tech focused organisation.
Due to our client’s commitment of delivering high level technical solutions to an expanding range of customers, our client is looking for a 3rd Line Technical support specialist to join their technical team in Salford Quays, Manchester. Our client is looking for a knowledgeable, skilled and experienced Technician for this internal role, who has the experience of working on a busy and buzzing technical helpdesk.
This opportunity is perfect for the person looking to move on from 2nd Line support or to prove themselves as dedicated 3rd Line Technicians, within a fast growing, yet established technology focused MSP.
The role will involve, but not be limited to, the following tasks.
- Troubleshooting escalated, often complex support desk tickets and applying relevant fixes.
- Working on high priority support issues in fast, efficient manner.
- Working with the Projects team to research, plan and deliver a range of IT projects.
- Researching and testing new technologies - with a focus on finding systems and services that would benefit the client base.
The role is a practical one, highly rewarding and involves working closely with clients & peers in order to deliver an excellent support service. If you relish being ahead of the game when it comes to technology and feel that you possess the professional, logical troubleshooting skills required to perform in a fast paced helpdesk role; this is the job for you.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager you will be responsible for providing technical support for a variety of high end clients across a full range of technology systems provided by the company.
- A proven history of being able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across a client base which specialises in Small Business and/or Hospitality via remote connectivity, telephone or email.
- Working with a ticketing system which assists in proving helpdesk support to partners and end customers on live systems.
- Experience in remote diagnostics along with analysis and monitoring
- Possesses good verbal and typed communication skills
- Great Customer Service abilities
- Be used to working unsupervised, independently and as part of a team.
- Thrive on understanding and being aware of new and current technologies
- IT related degree or relevant qualifications highly desirable.
- Proven technical ability across the common product suites.
- The willingness to learn new software and hardware skill
- Knowledge of Microsoft cloud solutions including Office 365 and Azure
- Proven experience with Microsoft Servers, VMware solutions and Citrix platforms are valuable
- An understanding of Telecommunications and Network platforms, including router, firewall and layer 3 switch configurations.
- Overall appreciation of client system security, requirements and proven experience with relevant software and hardware solutions.
- Overview ISP solutions and connectivity requirements
- WiFi solution knowledge, with Ruckus, Meraki, Aruba etc
- Experience of PMS and POS systems and associated interfaces.
- Candidates with Microsoft Certifications would prove advantageous.
- Confident verbal and written communicator with both clients and peers.
- Ability to research new products and information around technical solutions that provide answers and solve problems.
- Self-Motivated and disciplined, with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks under pressure.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experience 3rd line Technical Support Specialist, wishing to remain ahead of the curve with Technology skills and knowledge, to join a Managed Service Provider (MSP) leading the way in offering complete technology solution for businesses in hospitality, SME and education sectors across the UK. A competitive salary and benefits are on offer, so Apply Now to avoid missing out!