Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant, amazing opportunity!
Haig&Co are working with a great company based south Birmingham, helping them find their next Accounts Assistant/Assistant Accountant to join a really great team in the Financial Shared Services function.
A FTSE 250 company with an established and truly great household retail brand. The business is committed to maintaining the highest standards and is progressive in approach.
Reporting to the Payments & Reporting Team Leader, this role will be varied and busy and will include the day to day management of a variety of financial activities. This is a genuine career opportunity for an ambitious person offering a brilliant opportunity for growth and development.
- Responsibility for fixed assets management and reporting
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Accurate cash and bank reconciliation and day to day management of these
- Ensuring all month end and forecast report is accurate
- Preparation of periodic reconciliations with related MI analysis
- Supporting co-workers within the team and working together to achieve excellence of service to the wider business, business partnering to ensure, collaborative working, understanding and compliance
- Any other ad hoc duties required
The ideal candidate for this Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant opportunity should have the following:
- Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA or other equivalent financial qualifications
- Ideally you will be a Finance and Accounting Graduate
- Understanding and awareness and experience working within a similar accounting function
- Ambitious with a strong motivation to succeed and embrace challenges and is focused on creative solutions
- Strong and confident written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys working collaboatively with other departments
- Knowledge of MS Office essential
On offer is a truly great chance to join a focused, driven and successful environment. If you are looking for a serious opportunity to enable you the growth and development you need for your long term career, then this is for you! A competitive salary and great office environment.