Credit Controller. Manchester. Utilities. Energy & Natural Resources. Permanent. Full-Time.
Our client is a Multi-National Organisation with its UK head Office based in Manchester City Centre. Brand Recognised and well respected. They are an Employer of choice in the area.
The respnsibility of this role is to maximise cash collections for the debtor's ledger working on the "Corp" accounts by utilising various methods available, predominately telephone chasing and some by letter, email and query resolution. Excellent negotiation and customer service skills are essential in ensuring the customers pay within their agreed terms in order to reduce the overall outstanding debt due to the company. Strong interpersonal skills required as there will be a requirement to work closely with other inter-company departments. Excellent administration and organisation skills are also essential in ensuring support is given at all times and that work is prioritised during the day. The role involves working very much as part of the team offering on-going support but also working with own initiative whilst managing personal workload.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To contact all overdue "Corp" accounts on their ledger by maximising outgoing calls during the month
- Maintain the status of all on going debt collection utilising the debt management system
- Follow up on deadlines and coordinate further action were require (disconnection/legal)
- Work towards targets for cash collection to reduce outstanding debt exposure to the company
- Record accurately any invoice disputes relating to overdue debt, ensure dispute resolved and communicate outcome to customer
- Ability to deal with meter disconnections with firmness but also with understanding and support where necessary
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent customer service & telephone manner, good negotiator
- Excellent interpersonal & organisation skills
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines/targets
The successful Credit Controller will have previously worked within a Credit Control role.They will also have up to date SAP experience.
- Immediate start available
- Upto £22,000 per annum plus bonus
- City centre location
- Excellent working conditions