Assistant Management Accountant
Page Personnel have been prospected to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant for a well established client based in North Birmingham.
My client is a well established business based in North Birmingham who are looking to add to their accountancy function due to growth.
The ideal Assistant Management Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Produce monthly management accounts for a large Group entity including commentary within the Group parameters and deadlines, accurately reflecting the true and fair position of the relevant entity/Division at that time for review by the Divisional FDs.
- Produce monthly management accounts for smaller Group entities within the Group parameters and deadlines, accurately reflecting the true and fair position of the relevant entity for review.
- To gain a general understanding of the operation of the Finance function.
- Update cashflow forecasts, as appropriate.
- To review information and reconciliations prepared by the accounts clerks and to assist with the investigation of reconciling items.
- To produce relevant VAT returns for consolidation.
- To perform a variety of other tasks as requested by the Financial Accountant/Finance Director-Group Services.
- Manage and maintain an effective filing system in an agreed format ensuring that filing is completed on a regular basis, so all records are kept up to date and in a neat and logical order.
- Work in an organised manner and ensure all paperwork is kept accurately filed/stored in a tidy desk/office environment.
- Ensure familiarity with the group's Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
- At all times comply with the groups policies, procedures and instructions.
- Contribute to improving the business and enhancing the reputation of the company by putting forward new ideas and by implementing change when requested to do so.
The ideal Assistant Management Accountant candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong exposure to transactional finance
- Exposure to aspects of management accounts
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Fantastic work ethic
- Early stages of ACCA & CIMA
£20,000 - £24,000 + Study Support