UK Sales Manager (Rail)
Our client is a global designer and manufacturer of end-to-end security and surveillance solutions, helping secure assets, processes and people in complex and demanding environments.
One of their key areas of expertise is within transportation, ensuring the safe and secure transport of passengers and cargo.The threat of terrorist attacks, criminal activity, accidents and public order are all concerns when managing public safety and asset protection in transport environments.
The current core client base of the business is in the bus and coach market. Currently, this organisation is the leading provider of on-board surveillance systems for the UK and global bus and coach markets providing essential evidence footage to both national and smaller operators. Other markets for the business include rail and emergency services.
The business has identified a significant growth opportunity for their products within the UK rail market. To maximise this growth potential the business has a requirement to bring on board a UK Sales Manager, a position with a UK focus, to grow their current footing within the sector.
The appointed candidate will have successfully worked in a business development role developing accounts and relationships with rail operators, rail rolling stock manufacturers and contractors within the rail refit and refurbishment markets. The ideal candidate will have experience consultatively selling technology solutions into these key market areas.
- Generate new business for CCTV and on-vehicle electronic systems in UK rail sector
- To fully exploit the sales opportunities that exist within the sector through leveraging of existing relationships, developing new relationships & exploiting wider cross-plc transport capability
- Previous business development experience in winning major on-vehicle rail projects valued at over £1m
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to set clear direction, working in cross-functional teams and on own initiative
- Proven track record of achieving new business targets and contributing significantly to business sales growth
- Clear focus on customers & proven ability to develop highly effective relationships at all levels leading to profitable business
- Deep understanding and proven track record in sales of on-vehicle technology solutions to the rail sector
- Ability to solution sell & deliver added-value solutions by understanding business needs, issues, strategies & priorities
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrates a disciplined, methodical approach to tasks and encourages a similar approach in others
- Ability to translate understanding of customer needs, issues, strategies and priorities to a compelling & influential customer proposition