Our client is a renowned and established Design and Supply Lighting company with impressive and increasing demand for their lighting projects. They require an experienced and creative Lighting Designer, the role includes helping design and project managing parts of larger and more detailed projects. The role is to act as support to the Senior staff in ensuring the studio is happy and working efficiently. The ideal candidate can demonstrate a credible portfolio of their own lighting design projects, have a good understanding of lighting technology and be expert in CAD.
This is an opportunity to work in areas such as Retail, Workspaces, Shopping Centres, Hospitality, Commercial, etc. The complete set of project disciplines.
- We are looking for a candidate with a strong design background who is keen to learn and works well in a team.
- Has experience in the use of AutoCAD/Sketch-up/Adobe Photoshop and may also have experience in the use of DIAlux/Relux.
- The position will involve supporting our Head of Design in our new design studio, in the heart of Manchester.
- We will support you with on the job training with eventually your progression onto leading your own design projects.
- You will be working on a range of exciting projects from across all building sectors, both internal schemes and exterior spaces.
As a person you must be highly creative, organised, flexible, a good listener and set a positive example of behaviour to colleagues. You must act in a professional manner at all times and by setting a good example to customers, suppliers, employees and visitors.
The role will require delivering high quality design schemes, specifications and creative advice to clients. You will need to be fully aware of the latest insights, trends and creative influences in lighting design. The position requires someone knowledgeable about all design practices, regulations and company products. Quality design proposals need to be produced and dispatched in a timely manner to meet customer expectations. Essentially these need to be managed, recorded and your follow-ups reported to convert into completed design projects.
You will regularly attend client sites visits, instigate site visits and site surveys as necessary as part of project work. Carry out commissioning of lighting schemes after installation when required including during antisocial hours. You will also encourage design staff to achieve their design hours. To be accessible by Design Studio staff to help answer design queries, give assistance and deal with any arising problems in the day to day running of the Design Studio and its workload.
Keywords : Lighting design, Lighting designer, CAD , Designer