QUANTITY SURVEYOR - CIVILS (BIRMINGHAM)
A fantastic role is available for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work for an established Civils contractor from their offices within Birmingham. The Company has a strong order book and specializes in the provision of complex Highways and Bridge construction. Infrastructure and General Civils serving both public and private sector clients throughout the UK. My client is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to expand their team by working on their projects across the Midlands.
• As a Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible in the preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
• Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
• As a Quantity Surveyor you will work on a project types such as Highways, Bridges, Infrastructure, General Civils and assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
• Performing risk, value management and cost control;
• Advising on procurement strategy;
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
• Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
• Allocating work to subcontractors;
• Providing advice on contractual claims;
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
• Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
• The successful Quantity Surveyor must possess significant experience of commercial construction projects
• Ideally qualified to BSc Quantity Surveying or similar qualifications
• Be accustomed to working and relishing the challenge of working on projects utilising strong numeracy and financial management skills
• Be open to learning sophisticated design and costing IT packages. Write clear and accurate reports to relate complex information to a diverse range of people
• The Quantity Surveyor should have good negotiating and team working skills and able to motivate and lead those on site.
• Detailed knowledge of past and current Civil technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters
• A driving licence/ flexibility to travel for site visits as and when required
On offer is an excellent salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + Package.
If either roles are of interest, please note my client is actively interviewing and is open to receiving applications. To apply please send CV. All applications will be dealt in strict confidence.