The job holder will be required to carry out a variety of duties including premise security, minor repair/maintenance work, assisting in preparing workshop materials, and mini bus driving.
The post holder will be required:
- To support the safety and security of the premises, vehicles and contents thereof.
- To have an understanding of and operate all computerised and electronic systems including CCTV and alarm systems in use on premises.
- To work effectively with the Facilities Supervisor to ensure that the premises are properly maintained and all lighting and heating systems and equipment are functioning. To undertake minor repairs, decorations and grounds maintenance as required.
- To report any Health and Safety hazards or maintenance/minor works to the Facilities Supervisor.
- To receive deliveries of goods made to the premises and convey such items to other parts of the premises.
- Oversee the parking of vehicles on BFA premises.
- To undertake backup cleaning as required by operational demands, including the maintenance of any equipment used in an efficient working order.
- Either to open up the building at the start of the day or lock the building at the end of the day and set the alarm system.
- To maintain the tidiness of all areas and undertake the disposal of waste material from the premises.
- To ensure all public areas and classrooms are fit for occupation and usage taking appropriate action where necessary.
- To be a trained Qualified First Aider and administer first aid as required.
- To drive Trust vehicles as required.
- To undertake training provided commensurate with the normal roles expected to be undertaken within this job description.
- To undertake any other duties as required as are commensurate with the grade of the post and carry out other such duties relating to the use of the premises as may be necessary and required by the Facilities Supervisor/Principal.
- Uniform, working rig clothing and personal protective equipment appropriate to the task in hand will be provided free of charge.
From time to time facilities staff will be required to move large or heavy objects. Mechanical aids will be used where possible, however some physical effort will be required. It is the responsibility of every individual to make an assessment before the lifting is to be carried out, to assess that it can be undertaken without injury. The post holder will undergo training which will include manual handling.
THE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Some of the duties contained in the job description will necessitate being carried out during inclement weather e.g. car park duties. However protective clothing is available and will be issued. There may also be duties that require individuals to clean areas after client use. Full protective clothing will be available.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary: Hay 11 £7669.39 - £8193.23 per annum
Hours of attendance: 20 per week (Flexible depending on the requirements of the job), Term Time Only.
Bristol Futures Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.