We are looking for a keen, enthusiastic Accounts Assistant for one of our long standing clients based in the Jewellery Quarter. This varied role will initially cover maternity for 9 months with a view to then becoming permanent.
Duties will be:
- Maintaining the sales ledger to correctly reflect all sales, credits and receipts.
- Ensuring customers pay amounts owed in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the purchase ledger to correctly reflect all purchases, credits and payments.
- Maintaining the cash book and reconciling to bank statements.
- Provide information to assist senior personnel in their roles.
- Ensure all sales and purchase invoices are appropriately recorded in the accounts in a timely manner.
- Raising of credit notes, ensuring they are valid, correct, and appropriately recorded in the accounts in a timely manner.
- Ensure all cash receipts and payments are appropriately recorded in the accounts in a timely manner.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and other internal staff to resolve any queries.
- Ensure that customers adhere to agreed credit terms and report on a timely basis any deviations.
- Issue statements and chase debts as appropriate.
- Perform reconciliations with customers, suppliers, bank and the accounts and respond accordingly.
- Maintain metal accounts where appropriate.
- Undertake and control office purchases and petty cash.
- Provide information to enable senior personnel to perform their reporting duties.
- Work area is maintained in a clean, secure and professional manner.
- Aid senior personnel in any ad-hoc projects.
Salary is £16,000 - £18,000 pa and the hours are 8.30 am - 4.45pm mon to thurs and a 4pm finish on a Friday with 30 mins for lunch.
If you have an accounts background and want to progress in this area, we want to hear from you.