Mechanical Engineer with electrical knowledge/experience - Remotes/Hoists/Cranes
Location: Central Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: circa £24,000+ depending on experience + company vehicle - 40 hours per week
Our client designs, manufactures, installs and commissions specialised material handling systems including: cranes, hoists, runway and lifting beams, together with remote control equipment. They are now looking to recruit an additional engineer to assist with installation/service & repair of remotes, along with general service work. Must be computer literate and willing to train in aspects of remote control including repair within trade counter environment.
Repair/service & install remote controls.Attend customer sites to install radio equipment/ rectify breakdowns on hoists and overhead travelling cranes and ancillary equipment.
The successful Engineer will demonstrate the following skills, experience and expertise:
- Strong experience in maintenance engineering within the crane industry or armed forces
- Qualified by experience or with a recognised qualification in Engineering with Mechanical or Mechanical & Electrical bias
- Must have some electrical knowledge
- Computer literacy as they will be required to record all work through iPad technology
- Full, clean UK driving licence and prepared to travel extensively throughout the West Midlands and occasionally further
- Circa £24,000+ salary depending on experience
- 8am-4.30pm with 30 minutes lunch
- Company vehicle provided after provisional trial period
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays