Children's Residential Support Worker
Children’s Residential Support Worker
Full Time Contract- 37 hours per week contract. Permeant
Salary-£14,700-£16,200 (dependant on experience)
Driving License: not essential but must be able to access place of work reliably.
This is a full time, permanent vacancy, whereby if you are successful you will be employed directly by the business.
I am recruiting for one of Safehands Recruitments prestigious clients based in the Stourbridge area. You will be working as part of a large community of specialised workers to support children age 6-19 with a range of learning difficulties, autism, communication difficulties, challenging behaviours and other complex needs within a open residential site in the beautiful Worcestershire countryside.
This is a beautiful education facility that consists of an onsite school, focusing in therapeutic and holistic care. They have access to large grounds, own farm, and personal specialist therapeutic intervention teams, such as speech and language therapists, art therapists etc.
The students live in 10 self contained residential houses which all comprise of their own gardens, direct-dial telephone and internet access, and most have their own sensory room. Children also benefit from the privacy and individuality of their own bedrooms, which they are encouraged to personalize.
This full time permanent vacancy as a Children’s Residential Support Worker with a salary of up to £16,200 includes an extensive training package and internal progression. Candidates with no children health and social care looking to pursue a new career within health and social care will be considered, but must have transferable skills.
- Assisting clients with all aspects of personal care, promoting self-help and independence in-line with care plans and supporting with moving and handling techniques
- Assisting the administration of medication
- Assisting with domestic duties
- Participate in regular review meetings and risk assessments
- Attend and contribute to team meetings
- Managing challenging behaviour in a safe and effective manner
- To maintain knowledge and operate within current legislation and company polices and procedures
- Promote in dependence and develop a trusting relationship with the clients
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Report any concerns that may indicate safety and well being is being compromised
- To undertake all mandatory training inline with company policies and procedures
- Staff must be flexible with shift patterns to work between 07:00 and 22:00 including weekends
- Willingness to train to NVQ standard
- Good values and aspiration to want to work in the Health and Social Care sector
- Experience within a Health and Social Care sector- particularly autism awareness, residential experience or personal experience with complex needs across adults and children
- All applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and 5 years referencing
- After 4 weeks you are enrolled to complete a Fully funded Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care or Children’s Young People
- Workforce with on-site tutorial support
- Ample annual leave per year
- Opportunities for internal progression, for example to Shift Leader
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Comprehensive training and support given in:
- Positive behaviour management
- Autism Awareness
- Equality and diversity
- First Aid
- Food safety
- Epilepsy awareness
- Mental capacity act and deprivation of liberties
- The opportunity to make a difference to someone’s life and wellbeing
If this role is of interest to yourself please apply for the role immediately alternatively call Ash on or email