2nd Line Support Engineer
2nd Line Desktop Support Engineers - Manchester - £22k-£24k
Your new company
Prestigious opportunity within a pioneering Global Support team for based in central Manchester. Responsible for the provision of IT services we cover aspects such as Windows 7 desktop, Windows 2003/8/12 server, MS Exchange 2010.
Your new role
As one of our 2nd Line Support Engineers you will be responsible for:-
- Day to day administration of the IT Infrastructure including Active Directory, servers, print services and messaging systems
- Resolution of logged incidents and requests
- Monitoring and resolving end user support issues
- Escalation point for the IT Service desk
- Development and administration of problem management and knowledge management processes
- Facilitate and administer event management process
- Contribute to day to day running of application testing and deployment, the packaging and deployment of new applications and upgrades
- Assist in the administration of centralised licenses and upkeep of license servers
What you'll need to succeed
Successful 2nd Line Support Engineers will possess a combination of the following skills:-
- Previous experience in an IT support role
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server Operating Systems
- Windows 7
- Familiar with Active Directory
- Knowledge of SCCM
- Exposure to scripting - VB Script or Powershell
What you'll get in return
In return you will be rewarded with an excellent opportunity for your personal and career development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, and contribution towards professional subscriptions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.