BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Park Hospital in Nottingham has a vacancy for a Ultrasonographer to join their team of staff in the Imaging department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Diploma in medical ultrasound (DMU) or Post-graduate certificate or diploma (Pg Cert / Dip)
- Professional body registration e.g. HCPC / NMC / CSP
- To be competent to assess, scan, diagnose and report ultrasound caseload maintaining accurate patient records at all times.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of safe clinical practice and the responsibilities and accountability that are associated with this role
- Broad range of ultrasonography competencies matched to the job description.
- Experience of autonomous practice and independent reporting is essential.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Can undertake I.V. contrast injections
- Able to provide support and encouragement to colleagues recognising ideas and contributions of all members of the team
- An ability to cope in a fast-paced working environment whilst producing high quality images and succinct and accurate reporting of all examinations
- Committed to self -learning and professional development
Duties of this role include:
- To actively participate in the efficient and safe operation of the Imaging Department, providing a consistent, high quality ultrasound service to all patients and visitors.
- To carry out diagnostic ultrasound scans within their scope of competence as agreed with the Clinical Services Manager - Imaging / Clinical Lead to high technical and quality standards, assessing patients & interpreting clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques.
- Manage the designated working area and ensure that it is tidy, clean and efficiently run.
- Use initiative to prioritise, deliver and time-manage workload effectively.
- As requested assist clinical modality leads to plan and maintain an effective work flow within the department.
- To complete and maintain applicable departmental records including the completion and submission of patient charges in a timely manner
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.