UX Designer / Developer
Are you an experienced UX Desgnier / Developer with strong skills in HTML5, CSS3 and Jquery? If so my client is the company for you. One of the UKs largest retail / wholesale companies they need a UX Designer that is passionaite to learn and build on their skill set.
- We have an exciting opportunity for a self-starting UX designer / developer to join our new e-commerce team.
- The ideal UX Desgnier / Developer will be motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Responsibilities will include the creation of design assets and website concepts, translation of your wireframes into HTML5 templates and designing content for the most engaging layout.
- You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides in defining how the application looks as well as working with our back-end developers to define how it works.
- The UX designer / developer will work in a team environment in the design and execution of web and mobile products. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve his or her skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web.
- The ideal UX Desgnier / Developer is a creative thinker with experience in user experience definition, user interface design and template development. The role involves plenty of collaboration with colleagues throughout the Society on various projects, so good communication skills are vital.
- Occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Society.
Ecommerce UX Designer / Developer
The post holder shall:
- Gather requirements from key stakeholders and collaboratively formulate clear briefs
- Translate design briefs into a set of wireframes in collaboration with back-end developers
- Develop design assets and website concepts with industry standard tools, including Adobe Photoshop CC
- Deliver best-in-class, HTML5/CSS3/jQuery front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Integrate the front-end templates with back-end .NET code (training provided)
- Possess exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
- Understand agile methodology and instil best practices into the process.
- Take direction from the Lead Developer and participate in regular code reviews
Ecommerce UX Designer / Developer
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and associated design tools
- Strong existing design portfolio and demonstrable experience of responsive templates
- Proficient understanding and usage of web markup, including HTML5 & CSS3
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Understanding of WCAG and their importance to our Society’s values
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, specifically SASS
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN