Technical Project Manager
My client, a market leading company, is looking to for a skilled IT project manager with experience of managing IT projects in an agile software development environment to ensure effective and efficient implementation and delivery, working alongside Product Owners and agile SCRUM teams to drive the scheduled software delivery process; bringing outputs together and driving collaboration across the business.
You will be responsible for co-ordinating activity across departments and 3rd party suppliers to allow the business to deliver solutions effectively to its customers.
- Management of projects from initiation to closure.
- Day to day management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Ensuring that the resources available are aligned with the project timescales / constraints and raise risks where deadlines are unachievable.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders up to Director level.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration.
- Producing project status reports and other project communications
- Manage risks and issues to ensure projects are delivered to timescales and to the highest standards, facilitating discussion and suggesting escalation actions when appropriate.
- Ensuring all areas of projects are delivered to specification and are signed off by stakeholders and documented appropriately prior to Go-Live.
Essential Sills & Requirements
- Prince 2 Agile Qualified.
- Proven experience of agile project management.
- Past experience of successful delivery of both software and hardware projects.
- Prior experience of managing expectations and liaising up to Director Level.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, ensuring confidence in conflict resolution, and enabling them to adapt their style to different stakeholders.
- Previous experience of managing projects in an agile software development environment; working closely with SCRUM Masters and Product Owners.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of current IT technology.
- Sufficient technical understanding to be able to understand problems and guide delivery within this environment.
- Proficient in the user of MS project / other project management tools.
- The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude with a strong project management background.