Mechanical Design Engineer
Conrad Consulting are currently working with a long standing building services contractor in Birmingham who are looking to add a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to their growing team on a full-time, permanent basis.
For such a large company, the team is far from being "top heavy" with a range of employees operating in various capacities, from Apprentice/Junior right through to Senior/Associate and this offers genuine room for progression within the company. As the successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will gain exposure to a number of sectors such as; education, residential and commercial to name a few.
Ideal applicants would hold a minimum of a HNC/HND in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering and have extensive experience in a previous design role be it from a consultancy or contractor.
- Providing mechanical engineering input and review on allocated areas of practice.
- Experience of full life cycle design from concept/front end to detail design, who can produce and check estimates, specification, design justification reports and produce scoping calculations.
- Training/mentoring apprentices and junior engineers.
- Prepare tenders for design & build projects.
- Prepare drawings using AutoCAD and undertake calculations with Cymap/Hevacomp. Any Revit/IES experience would also be an advantage though not essential.
On offer is a salary of up to £45,000 per annum alongside company pension scheme, healthcare and on-site parking to name a few benefits.
For further information, please contact Ben Thompson on or email a copy of your most recent CV at the earliest opportunity.