Personal Tax Senior (Qual, PQ or QBE) Wolverhampton, to £30,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a well-known Regional Accounting Firm who are looking for a Personal TaxSenior to join their growing team in Wolverhampton. Reporting to the Tax Manager, the role is a personal tax compliance & advisory position thatwould suit apart- or qualified ACCA/ACA or part- or qualified ATT/CTA (or equivalent) tax specialist from another Accounting Firm, specialist Law Firm or Tax Boutique. Key duties include:
- Preparing personal tax / self-assessment returns for a variety of company directors, HNWI’s and entrepreneurs (portfolio of around 250/300)
- Managing various simple tax advisory projects that include stamp duty land taxes, inheritance tax and capital gains
- Reviewing personal tax returns in order to provide relevant advisory services, and submitting to HMRC
- Dealing with various compliance issues around non-domiciled individuals, residency tests, estates & trust tax and share schemes
- Keeping personal tax clients up to date with progress, advising them of internal deadlines, payment amounts and dates for HMRC
- Reviewing the tax computation work prepared by junior members of staff
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to any tax investigations and managing risk within the business
- Ensuring all personal tax assignments are completed within agreed budgets
To be considered for the role you should have broad experience in a personal tax role and used to dealing with a wide variety of taxes - inheritance, land taxes, capital gains, non-residents etc. Experience of overseeing junior staff would be preferred, along with being able to manage your own portfolio of tax clients. You should have a strong team work ethic and exceptional relationship building skills, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £30,000 with excellent benefits including holidays, pension scheme and flexible benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile