Assistant Legal Counsel - Chorley - £25k-£28k
Meridian Business Support is one of the UK's progressive and leading providers of permanent bespoke tailored recruitment solutions to the Healthcare sector.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Legal Counsel on behalf of our client one of the largest medical reporting firms in the UK. The business provides solicitors and insurers with an unrivalled level of industry leading standards of service.
This role will be to support and assist our Group General Counsel and wider legal team to provide legal advice to stakeholders and the wider business. This is a varied legal role, whilst your day to day workload will mainly consist of reviewing and drafting commercial contracts, you will also be advising on a range of matters of which include:
- Employment Law related issues
- Compliance and regulatory issues including The Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Corporate Governance
- Your workload will also include the following:
- Assisting on Corporate acquisitions
- Providing training to managers and staff
- Drafting template documents such as Terms & Conditions/Letters/Processes and Process flows
Knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules and Civil Litigation would be an advantage as would litigation experience as this role will involve you conducting debt recovery and contractual dispute matters.
To be considered for this opportunity you will be:
- Qualified Solicitor / Legal Executive
- Excellent communication and negotiation skill
- Experience of drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts
- Experience of advising on employment law related issues
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative, as well as an enthusiastic team player
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act; Commercial property law experience, particularly Commercial Leases
In return you will be offered the following:
- Salary of £25-£28k Dependant on experience
- Annual Leave
- Pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Private healthcare
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply below or send a copy of your CV to or alternatively call Ged on or
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.