Senior Software Engineer (Aerospace/ Avionics)
Position: Senior Software Engineer (Aerospace/ Avionics)
Kinect’s award winning global client has a requirement for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join its expanding team in Bristol, developing and deploying cutting edge software to the Aerospace sector. The position would suit a technical specialist with solid experience of working with software or programmable hardware systems.
This is genuinely an exciting opportunity to join one of the country’s most successful companies, with a wealth of career development opportunity available.
The highly-sought candidate will possess the following:
· Experience of software development and/or test of Avionics systems
· Experience of software development and/or test of Aircraft power management systems
· Experience of working with software-based systems in safety or mission critical industries
· Experience of programmable hardware (FPGAs or ASICs) and Hardware Description Languages such as Verilog and VHDL
· Experience of high level programming languages such as C and Ada
· Experience of software safety standards such as RTCA/DO-178B/C, RTCA/DO-254, IEC 61508, DEF STAN 00-55, ISO 26262, EN 50128, IEC 60880 and IEC 62566
· Experience of compilers and assembler languages
· Minimum first degree (or equivalent) in a numerical discipline with a significant software engineering element