Business Development Manager
Our client are a fast growing North West business.
Due to continued growth they now require BDM to join the team.
Main Purpose of job:
To meet KPIs on incoming and external sales leads, to create appointments and attend meetings which will create additional revenue from current and new clients. To support the business strategy for growth into commercial sectors.
- Identifying new leads
- Working closely with Marketing to agree support materials which will enhance business development activity and campaigns
- Pitching products and /or services - with the support of business managers / experts and marketing
- Retaining and nurturing current and new client relationships
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with the Customer Relations and Engagement Manager in developing a full sales and Business Development Plan.
- To research new sales opportunities and to actively generate leads via activities such as: purchase of lists, email and telesales marketing, networking and exhibitions.
- To utilise Linkedin to target new relationships and 'Groups’
- To make appointments for sales opportunities, attend meetings and prepare presentations and tenders, to secure new business; where needed support will be given
- To liaise with the marketing team for support on market and competitor research, presentation materials, and so on.
- To liaise with all Business Managers and ensure the sales strategy for these areas remains focused. To take Business Managers with you to sales meetings where an expert is required.
- To manage all new client relationships obtained.
- To research and discover avenues for tender bids and to have the ability to contribute to the bid preparation and content process.
- To ensure that all collateral is 'on brand’ and plain English.
- Researching new opportunities to engage with current and potential clients which can generate new or increased business
- To develop and work to an agreed business development strategy for all key areas of the business
- To make appointments and attend meetings which may result in new or increased business
Excellent package offered to the successful candidate