Paid Search Manager
£45,000-£55,000 DOE + Benefits
Rocking Zebra Recruitment is looking for an experienced PPC Manger to join an established business.
Our client has seen phenomenal growth and is looking to expand its success into the digital world, with the addition of a Paid Search Manager.
As part of the Digital Marketing team, the primary goal of the Paid Search Manager will be to own & lead significant expansion of the PPC channel.
This is a new position which will play a critical role in our new Digital Marketing team and will be expected to evolve in line with digital maturity and changing priorities.
At the outset, the Paid Search Manager will spearhead newly increased investment in Paid Search, working to rapidly and profitably expand paid search campaigns at the same time as working with existing teams to ensure adequate measurement infrastructure is in place. Further in, they will be expected to establish processes for the ongoing management of paid search, models for future investment and develop the paid search executive whom they will line manage.
Skills & Experience
The Paid Search Manager will be someone who is fundamentally comfortable with taking ownership for starting and building our new Paid Search department. They will have the confidence of many years of hands-on management of paid search plus an ability to manage the complexities and ambiguity of a small business moving at speed.
As an early member of a new team three key attributes will be: 1. Being proactive in finding solutions, 2. Being open minded to finding new ways to work with pre-existing teams and changing priorities, 3. Being flexible to our evolving environment.
In particular, the Paid Search Manager ideally will have:
- 4+ years experience of running Paid Search in/for an ecommerce / trading business.
- A deep understanding of digital performance metrics with a working knowledge of performance reporting process and data management tools
- Experience of core performance measurement technologies: has worked closely with Google tech stacks and/or Adobe tech stacks (Site catalyst, media optimiser, test & target), and/or independent enterprise level marketing technologies
- Excellent analytical instincts plus high capability in Excel
- Experience of running Paid Search in an ecommerce / trading business
- Robust understanding of ad tech and marketing tech platforms (e.g., ad server, tag management, search bid management, DMP, DSP, web analytics, attribution, social media management)
- A good understanding of cross-platform campaigns, on desktop and mobile
- Committed to delivering quality work with excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working with different systems and an ability to learn new systems
- Able to manage the complexities and ambiguity of a small business moving at speed
- Excellent communication, management and collaborative skills
Paid search channel development:
- Develop all aspects of paid search campaigns including planning, executing, reporting and tracking to ensure all KPIs are achieved
- Define, roll out and manage new account structures
- Plan, monitor and deliver on paid search budget and performance KPIs
- Evolve the in-house paid search function
- Manage paid search executive and business stakeholders
- Remain abreast of new developments in search, ad tech, and attribution
Optimisation & performance management
- Develop PPC initiatives in relation business trading, platform changes and investment
- Review and continually improve strategies for bid optimisation, creative and keyword development
- Ongoing optimisation of all paid search campaigns
- Report & deliver ongoing insights on campaign performance
- Maintain & manage relationships with media partners, in particular Google
- Close liaison with natural search specialists in order to help maximise the Group’s total opportunity from search
- Manage, train (where necessary) and develop PPC executive
- Be the business’ main point of contact for Paid Search & communicate to the wider business on channel performance as needed
If you feel this is you then please call the Rocking Zebra recruitment team today or send your CV to us.
Rocking Zebra want to offer you the best service possible and we urge you to follow up your application with a phone call to discuss why you believe you are a best fit for the role. We will endeavour to respond to your call and application within 3 days, however if you have not heard from us in that time you have not been successful for this opportunity. Do not give up! Keep your eye on our website for other suitable roles. Good Luck!