Hotel Sales Manager
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill/Dudley are inviting applications from Sales professionals to help lead our business forward in a highly competitive market place
As Sales Manager, you will grow the business by analysing, negotiating and converting demand, whilst acting as the brand ambassador to secure reputable business for the hotel. You will also be responsible for converting enquires into sales in order to maximise revenue & occupancy.In addition, you will champion our exceptional meeting and event space, and use your previous knowledge and experience to maximise the revenues in our MICE segment in order to surpass budget.
This role will require exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent written and spoken English and possess a systematic approach to getting things done. Having experience of working in a branded hotel environment is preferred and previous experience in a senior Hotel Sales or Events Sales position is also important.
To be successful in this role, your working and personal behaviours will be closely matched to our job profile (attached) and you will be able to articulate your career successes to date through each of these areas:
Promotes effective relationships with customers and internal departments
- Develops strong & long term relationships with clients, industry partners, team & key internal colleagues
- Demonstrates a high level of trust and integrity with clients & colleagues
- Is a visible and prominent networker
Maximising Sales Opportunities
- Looks for every opportunity to persuade customers to buy products and services
- Fully understands revenue & volume budget forkey segments & shapes actions and initiatives to impact revenue
- Uses and develops sales techniques to handle client concerns/objections
- Takes calculated risks to secure the business
Understanding Customer Behaviour
- Analyses why customers behave as they do and adapt accordingly
- Demonstrates high level of commercial awareness
- Understands the client objectives ie:"what is important to you?"
Delivering on Promises
- Ensures promises are kept by following through on requests
- Demonstrates high level of "Do what you say you are going to do"
- Always asks for support if necessary to meet promises / deadlines
- Acquires skills and knowledge relating to the job role
- Strives to be fully knowledgeablein role, ensures full understanding of the products and offers
- Consistently drives & develops principles to aid confident & successful
Thinking and Planning
- Looks for sales opportunities within the thinking and planning process
- In conjunction with the General Manager & Revenue Manager, ensures that all targets & segmentation plans reflect targets business needs with clear team accountability
- Is fully aware of the hotel portfolio business objectives and is able to specifically outline actions planned to influence areas of accountability
- Provides clear and timely information to customers and the internal team
- Always meets commitments made to clients & provide information accurately & timely
- Gives a high priority to understanding the client objectives, checks for understanding at every opportunity and adapts proposals accordingly
- Demonstrates a systematic approach to organisation and administration
- Shapes business planning documents for Rooms & M&E
- Ensures proactive sales and actions are planned into daily routine
Apply today for the Hotel Sales Manager position and receive a free Personal Profile Report worth £25.