Lab Test Engineer
Electrical Laboratory Test engineer - £20,000-£25,000
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Electrical laboratory test engineer for a client based in the Manchester area.
My client is one of the UK's largest electrical installation equipment manufacturing companies. Looking for an enthusiastic Electrical laboratory test engineer, to work within a creative team to ensure communication between all departments, solving quality and manufacturing problems whilst maintaining and improving efficiency of the business.
Responsibilities as an Electrical Laboratory Test engineer
- To carry out test programmes and plans on wiring accessories.
- To carry out test programmes on pre-determined product standards applicable to new product introductions.
- Assist in maintaining of the laboratories UKAS Accreditation - ISO/IEC 17025.
- Analysis, testing and reporting of customer product returns.
- Perform calibration on test apparatus.
- Knowledge and understanding of wiring accessory products.
- Knowledge and understanding of testing to British Standards.
- Familiarity with electromechanical products
- Understanding and application of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements and the ability to work within a Laboratory Management System.
- Strong problem solving skills with a naturally enquiring mind.
- Ability to design, build and maintain test equipment.
- Ability and confidence to use items of test equipment.
- Ability to produce test reports.
- Has Laboratory process auditing experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge and application of 'Microsoft Office' applications.
- Have experience in dealing with people from different backgrounds, disciplines and cultures.
- HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- At least three years experiences working in a laboratory/electrical environment.
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach.
Be able to work under pressure and be efficient in time management
If you feel you would be a successful Electrical laboratory test engineer in the Manchester area with the above skills please apply below
Premier are acting as an employment agency