Director of Learning Maths - Eden Boys School
Eden Boys School, Birmingham
Director of Learning for Maths
MPS/UPS + TLR 1 (negotiable depending on experience)
Required for September 2017
Eden Boys' School, Birmingham is a new 11-18 Academy, which opened in September 2015 and will grow to have 800 pupils. We are part of a successful family of schools, run by the Tauheedul Education Trust. Currently the school consists of 253 students and in May 2016 we moved into our new purpose built state of the art building.
Our mission is to create an outstanding organisation that inspires learners with excellence in academic achievement, personal development and community service.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Director of Learning for Maths to join our team.
The department consists of exceptionally enthusiastic, dedicated and caring teachers who set high standards and expectations to nurture the pupils into well rounded confident individuals. At GCSE, we teach Edexcel which is supported by a dynamic and focused curriculum being practiced from year 7 onwards. We realise the utmost importance of Maths and its practice in everyday life therefore we ensure our students attain their potential and beyond.
Our aim is to promote the exploration of different aspects of mathematics through various teaching and learning styles and to provide students with the necessary skills to become productive, successful members of society.
- be an outstanding teacher and an inspirational leader
- be an excellent manager, with an eye for operational detail and an understanding of data
- be committed to delivering outstanding systems and processes within the faculty
- be committed to professional development and improving yourself and others
- have experience of consistently delivering high standards of pupil achievement and attainment.
You will find a school that:
- is passionate about its mission of 'promoting a culture of educational excellence within a caring and secure environment'
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
- is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from students, staff and parents.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please contact Hays Education if you would like to arrange this.
For more information and to request a full application pack please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education:
Closing date: midday on Monday 23rd January 2017
Please also see our dedicated recruitment site:
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our school are subject to satisfactory references, DBS and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.