Investment Surveyor - Residential
Our client is one of the leading firms of chartered surveyors and property consultants and they provide comprehensive property advice to both public and private sector organisations and their clients hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country.
In order to strengthen their Manchester team and expand their expert services, our client is seeking a highly motivated and commercially aware Residential Investment Surveyor to join this successful and established national department in the field of Student Residential Accommodation.
The company is expanding its’ Education and Innovation advisory services in the above field and the team works across the UK and internationally with universities, colleges and the private sector.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate an aptitude and ability to undertake work involving the analysis of student residential and education markets - mainly in a UK context but also in fast developing international markets. Excellent numeracy, analytical and writing skills are essential, as is the ability to work quickly and accurately to support team members and key clients. We are looking for a strong team player that can work well with and add to a small expert team of advisers.
We are looking for people who are versatile, enthusiastic self-starters, ideally experienced in data analysis and providing market advice. Academic backgrounds are likely to be in business, management, economics, social sciences, planning or real estate.
Key Attributes and Qualifications
- Degree level qualification
- Investment background in either residential or commercial real estate
- MRICS preferred, but not essential
- Experience of working in a large practice and/or corporate environment could be advantageous
- Rounded experience of general surveying skills
- Demonstrable technical competence in areas relevant to role
- Demonstrable understanding of market and local knowledge
- Knowledge of the real estate industry sector
- Business and report writing experience
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation and case law relevant to role
- IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
- High level of numerical reasoning and analytical skills
- Excellent command of written/verbal English
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: competitive, based on professional and relevant experience
- Competitive car allowance
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life/Accident/Permanent Health Insurance
- Private Medical Cover
Our clients’ culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. Our client places a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in depth appraisals. They will support career progression through development programs and experience gained.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.