Deputy Manager - Mental health
We're looking for an experienced Deputy Manager to take up a post within a service that provides care and support services for people with mental health conditions or learning disabilities in the South Manchester area. Working with the Registered Manager, you'll be responsible for service improvement and development and ensuring that a high quality care provision is delivered.
- As the Deputy Manager of a supported living service, you'll be assisting the manager with the day to day operations of a Supported Living services for adults with Mental Health conditions such Schizophrenia and Learning Disabilities.
- You'll be ensuring that the service operates in accordance with CQC fundamental standards and standards specified by the Registered Manager, legislative requirements, relevant regulations, and best practice.
- You'll provide leadership and support to all staff that work within the service and create and uphold a positive and inclusive management culture. You'll motivate support staff to ensure that desired outcomes for services users are continually achieved.
- You'll be responsible for the planning of the staff rota ensuring that full cover is provided for all shifts.
- Be involved in the consistent and continual evaluation of care service provision and the service user experience.
- Undertake initial assessments with prospective clients
- Maintain a non-risk averse approach by continually reviewing service users risk management and relapse plans.
- Ensure that the voice of the service user is present throughout the support planning process and that care is delivered in a person centred way.
- You'll be involved in the design and implementation of the service's quality assurance policy.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications required:
- 2 years management/ senior experience in Health and Social Care
- NVQ/QCF Level 4/5 in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care (or willingness to complete within agreed timescale)
- Genuine Interest in working with clients with mental health needs and learning disabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle
Interested? To be considered for the Deputy Manager role please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment. For more information please give me a call on
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us