Tax Senior (Corporate, Personal & Mixed) - South B'ham to £30,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a well-known West Midlands Accountancy Practice who are looking for 3 Tax Specialists - a Corporate Tax, Personal Tax and Mixed Tax Senior (or Junior) to join their growing team in South Birmingham, ideally with experience of managing your own tax portfolio. Reporting to one of the Tax Managers, the roles would ideally suit ACA/ACCA or ATT/CTA qualifieds or part-qualifieds from another mid- to top-tier or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be assisting with coaching junior graduates, reviewing corporate/personal tax computations and you should ideally be able to demonstrate some Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Processing of tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Helping to manage a varied portfolio of owner-managed businesses through to UK & Int’l corporates (a total of 800 businesses) for the Corporate Tax role
- Managing a portfolio of up to 150 individuals inc sole-traders and Directors for the Personal Tax role
- Assisting with ongoing HMRC tax investigations and dealing with R&D tax claims
- Working with group companies and dealing with tax contract assignments
- Developing tax efficient structures and assisting with corporate re-organisation’s for corporate tax planning purposes
- Advising individuals, families or their Estates on tax planning options and ways to mitigate personal tax within the bounds of UK Tax Law
- Liaising directly with clients regarding corporate/personal tax matters on the phone and in person
- Assisting the Manager in overseeing a number of junior tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the assigned Tax Manager to ensure that work is completed within budget
To be considered for any of the roles you shouldideally be from a Top100or well-known Regional Accounting firm in the Midlands, seeking a move to a larger accountancy practice where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Therefore, knowledge and experience of preparing tax computations, dealing with complex tax issues and assisting in the management of client portfolios is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £30,000 + study (if applicable) with excellent benefits including 20 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare for the Senior roles, and up to £16,000 for the Tax Junior roles. To apply for the positions or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile