Marketing & Events Coordinator - (In-house) Manchester
Mercia Technologies PLC ('Mercia’) is a unique place to work. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you can roll up your sleeves and really make a difference - while having fun along the way! We are one of the leading investment businesses in UK technology, specializing in the commercialization of pioneering businesses across exciting growth sectors in which deep expertise is held. Mercia's business model is to provide, where needed, early stage businesses with capital, infrastructure and management support to accelerate their development and enhance their value for all stakeholders. Whilst we operate nationally, our main regions of focus are the Midlands, the North of England and Scotland.
This role will be based in our Manchester office at 73 King St, Manchester M2 4NG.
We are looking for a focused and enthusiastic event planner to produce professional, high quality in-house events from conception through to completion. The role will also cover other marketing activities including social media, marketing campaigns and email communication.
- Implement the Group’s Events Plan and provide administration support to develop it.
- Manage all event details including registration lists (ensuring that all events are run at the agreed capacity), equipment and promotional material. Conduct research, gather information and present venue suggestion to the Marketing Director.
- Produce marketing material using InDesign software to help promote all events and engage in email marketing or social media as guided by the Marketing Director to help promote the event.
- Provide support in the pre and post event marketing generating leads for the Sales/Business Development functions and helping to manage marketing campaigns.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day and conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on event feedback.
- Provide administration assistance to the Marketing team as needed with particular focus on implementing the Group’s wider Social Media Plan which may include drafting email messages.
- Support other colleagues’ use of Quickbase or other CRM systems used by the business.
- Provide support for in-house meetings at Manchester/Henley in Arden including catering, meeting room bookings and equipment.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Creativity and flair for organising events.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to organise people to ensure an event runs smoothly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and a high level of organisation is essential, including the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects independently.
- MS Office proficiency and ideally experience using InDesign.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter with a passion for technology and start-ups and a desire to progress within a growing investment business.
- Regular travel throughout the UK required. These are usually day trips, but very occasionally overnight. Fortnightly team meetings take place in Manchester and Henley and candidates will be expected to join these meetings.
- BS in Event Management or related field is an advantage although not essential.