Database Administrator - MS-SQL - Leeds - 40-45K
I am recruiting on behalf of my leading private sector client who are urgently seeking an experienced SQL Server DBA to work on their large SQL estate; as a permanent employee in their offices in Leeds. This position will require strong SQL skills and experience of MS-SQL 2008 environments, ideally both as a production DBA and in a development capacity.
* Perform Backup and Recovery of database(s).
* Perform Index and Query Tuning, and Data Archiving.
* Assist in developing local support of Production databases.
* Provide assistance in resolving problems with Production SQL Server databases and tracking SQL Server problems.
* Research and investigate Performance issues.
* SQL 2008 Database Operations
* Clustering Administration
* Data Archiving
* Database Mirroring/Monitoring
* Log Shipping
* Experienced troubleshooting, investigating and researching performance errors and issues
* Must be experienced working a Production environment
* T-SQL experience
* Must be able to read and modify Stored Procedures
* Must have had experience with Schema Management and Database-related File System Management
* Experience in coordinating and participating in activities associated with Production SQL Servers
This is an exciting long-term opportunity where the right candidate has plenty of opportunity to progress into a senior technical or management role. There's a good basic salary of 40-45K p/a, in addition to a benefits package including generous holiday allowance and pension scheme on offer. Please get in touch by contacting Chris Reilly for more info by submitting a current CV and/or calling on 0161 817 7888.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com